The Norris Medical Library will be hosting a free movie screening of LOST ANGELS: Skid Row is My Home. This documentary takes an uncompromising yet life-affirming look at the lives of eight remarkable individuals, people who have found a way to make a life for themselves within the community of homelessness.
This film screening will take place at two locations!
Main location: Aresty Auditorium, Health Sciences Campus, Harlyne J. Norris Research Tower, map (In-N-Out)
Live stream to: Century Club Lecture Hall / University Park Campus, USC Dental School, map (pizza, cookies, bottled water)
Pre-film tabling event including both USC and community groups (Aresty location only).
- Introduction by: Earl C. Paysinger, USC Vice President of Civic Engagement
- Special Guest: Albert ‘Bam Bam’ Olson
- Post-film discussion panel:
- Santosh Sundaresan, BDS, DDS – Chair, Section of Community Dentistry Programs, Director USC Mobile Dental Clinic, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
- Roee Astor – Los Angeles Schweitzer, Third-Year Medical Student, USC Keck School of Medicine
- Olivia Grant – Co-President Homeless Outreach Partnership for Education and Empowerment (HOPE2); MD Candidate 2019, USC Keck School of Medicine
- Celina Alvarez – Executive Director, Housing Works
- Vikki Vickers – Community Advocate, Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Featuring photography by: Arthur Cortez
- Food drive: donations accepted at both locations on 9/21/16. See acceptable items and other drop off points by clicking the tinyurl link below.
Reservations required. RSVP and more details @: http://tinyurl.com/filmology-lost-angels
Questions about this event may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.