Consultation is available to individuals, lab groups and departmental units to address bioinformatics-related research questions and needs. Consultation is provided via email, phone, in-person, and in the form of special lectures.
Sample consultation topics:
- Statistical analysis of microarray and next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
- Functional interpretation of microarray & NGS results
- Sophisticated information search (literature and public data mining) for genes, drugs and diseases
- Identification and application of appropriate software tools or databases for research projects
- Development of hypothesis and refinement of research questions with in silico study of existing public genomic data and literature
- Hands-on tutorials for USC-licensed bioinformatics software tools with user data
- Pathway, network and transcription regulation analysis
The USC Libraries Bioinformatics Service also provides support letters for grant applications and engages in collaborative data analysis for complex high-throughput data analysis projects.
Schedule an appointment by completing the consultation request form.
USC has licensed a broad range of commercial analysis tools available free of charge to USC researchers. Click the software icons for more information on features, functions and access instructions.
Statistical Analysis of High-throughput Data & DNA/Protein Sequence Analysis
|Partek Genomics Suite Advanced statistical analysis and visualization tool for microarray and NGS data|
|Partek Flow Web-based application for NGS data alignment, QA/QC, differential expression and variant detection analyses|
|CLC Genomics Workbench end-to-end data analysis solutions to a comprehensive set of NGS applications|
|Galaxy (local installation) Web-based platform with many cutting-edge tools for genomic research, particularly NGS data|
|Vector NTI Advance Comprehensive software package for DNA/ protein sequence analysis and manipulation|
Comprehensive Functional Analysis & Advanced Literature/Data Mining
|Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) State-of-art pathways, networks and functional analysis tool for gene lists.|
|Ingenuity Variant Analysis (IVA) Identify causal variants from human sequencing data|
|BIOBASE Comprehensive biomolecule knowledgebase for proteins, transcription factors and gene regulation.|
|Basespace Correlation Engine Web-based discovery platform for complex biological, clinical and literature data mining|
|Oncomine World’s largest cancer transcriptome profiles database and data-mining platform|
|Genevestigator Multi-organism pre-analyzed microarray database and gene expression meta-analysis tool|
|Qinsight Advanced literature search engine|
To provide USC researchers with easy access to commercial software tools and to support the computation-intensive analysis of high-throughput genomic data, we offer the following computing resources.
NML Bioinformatics Computation and Consulting Center
The NML Bioinformatics Computation and Consulting Center is located on the upper level of the library (see map).
- Houses five powerful computer workstations for bioinformatics tutorials and user data analysis
- Workstations are pre-installed with all licensed software tools and selected open-source analysis tools
High Performance Computing Cluster
The USC Libraries Bioinformatics Service has collaborated with USC Center for High Performance Computing (HPC) and implemented a custom computer condo (HPC-NML) and key bioinformatics software to support computation-intensive NGS data analysis by USC researchers.
Workshops & Training
The USC Libraries Bioinformatics Service Program offers free workshops and training for USC employees. Classroom seating is limited and registration is required.
Check the NML Events Calendar for upcoming workshops.
Please send a request to email@example.com to receive announcements of upcoming workshops and service offering.
Archives of previous training sessions are available.