- Complete and submit the course reserves request form.
- Material that is not in the Norris Library collection must be supplied by the requesting faculty member.
- Electronic files should be submitted on disk to the Loan Desk or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print documents must be clean and legible and delivered to the Loan Desk on 8.5 x 11” paper.
- Materials not accepted for eReserves include:
- Materials from consumable products such as workbooks, that students are expected to purchase
- Journal articles included in a course reader that students are expected to purchase
- Items that are not copyright compliant
- Material placed on eReserves must adhere to U.S. Copyright Law.
- Instructors must establish copyright compliance by determining that an item meets fair use guidelines or obtaining the permission of the copyright holder. See course reserves and copyright for additional information.
- Books and oversize items (greater than 8.5 x 11”) are placed in the library’s print reserve collection.
- To submit an item to be added to the print reserve collection:
- Complete and submit the reserves request form.
- Determine whether use of the item falls within fair use guidelines. If not, obtain copyright permission from the copyright holder. See course reserves and copyright for additional information.
- Deliver item to the Loan Desk.
- Allow at least one week for reserve materials to be added during the school year.
- More than one week is needed at the start of each semester.
- Materials are processed in the order they are received.
- For additional information, contact the Access Services office at (323) 442-1126 or email@example.com.