Guide for USC researchers in the preparation of proposals and guidance through the internal proposal review and approval process. Also includes a repository for proposal kits and guidelines for major agencies.
The Department of Contracts and Grants (DCG) supports USCÂ’s investigators from proposal development to award closeout, ensuring that our grants and contracts are consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics and fiscal responsibility.
The Department of Contracts and Grants:
- Reviews, approves and submits proposals to extramural sponsors.
- Negotiates and accepts awards on behalf of the University.
- Executes subcontracts.
- Coordinates pre-award and post-award actions.
- Develops and maintains positive sponsor relationships.
- Ensures institutional compliance with Federal and State regulations, sponsor policy and University policy.