Full text of Scientific American Surgery (2014) is part of the Stat!Ref Collection
Scientific American Surgery is an evidence-based reference of surgical best practices from leaders in the field. This new resource replaces ACS Surgery Online.
An extraordinary resource, Scientific American Surgery combines the most current information in surgery with practical advice and time-saving convenience.
- Authoritative: Recommendations by almost 200 renowned master surgeons
- Practical: Decision-making focus with practical algorithms, plus BONUS online chapters on practice management
- Fast: Illustrated operative approach geared to practicing surgeons
- Current: Continually updated-over 40% per year-with the latest procedures
- Richly illustrated: Extensively illustrated with original line drawings, color photographs and videos, with over 1,500 illustrations in all
Scientific American Surgery is a continuously updated online resource. It covers all subspecialties of surgery plus Competency-Based Surgical Care, Care in Special Situations, Scientific Foundations, and Organ Systems. SAS provides clear and actionable diagnostic and procedural recommendations.
- First published in 1989 under the name Care of the Surgical Patient
- (2002-2013) known as American College of Surgeons (ACS) Surgery
- (2014) Scientific American Surgery
For USC users only. Requires USC network connection. Allows limited number of simultaneous connections.