This title cannot be accessed from the Norris Medical Library InfoStations. Please see a library staff member for assistance. The title is available at other library computers.
The Merck Index* Online offers the same highly authoritative information as the print edition in a convenient and easily searchable full text database. It contains over 11,500 monographs Â– including historic records not available in the print edition.
The Merck Index* Online will be updated regularly with accurate information curated by experts.
Users can perform simple searches on a number of different properties and fields, construct complex multi-parameter searches, and search by chemical structure to discover:
- Names, synonyms and tradenames
- Chemical structures
- Physical properties (e.g. mp, bp, density)
- Applications and usage
- Bioactivity data
- Literature references
- Searchable collection of over 500 organic named reactions
- Overview of each reaction with an idealised scheme and key references
- Common abbreviations
- Human and veterinary drugs
- Biotech drugs and monoclonal antibodies
- Substances used for medical imaging
- Biologicals and natural products
- Plant and herbal medicines
- Nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals
- Laboratory reagents and catalysts
- Dyes, colour and indicators
- Environmentally significant substances
- Food additives and nutritional supplements
- Flavours and fragrances
- Agricultural chemicals, pesticides and herbicides
- Industrial and specialty chemicals
- Chemists, biochemists, pharmacists, pharmacologists, toxicologists, medical researchers, students, teachers, academic libraries, academic researchers, information professionals, solicitors, journalists and government agencies.
For USC users only. Requires USC network connection.