Global Health brings together the resources of two internationally renowned databases - the Public Health and Tropical Medicine (PHTM) database, previously produced by the Bureau of Hygiene and Tropical Diseases (BHTD), and the human health and diseases information extracted from CAB ABSTRACTS.
The Global Health database covers the following aspects of human health and disease:
- communicable diseases (including HIV/AIDS)
- tropical diseases, i.e, diseases in the tropics (including field and experimental studies)
- parasitic diseases and parasitology - medical entomology
- human nutrition (including food composition, food poisoning, effects of diet on health, nutritional disorders, and experimental aspects)
- community and public health (including chronic diseases, occupational health, health status indicators, the impact of agriculture on health, and cancer epidemiology)
- medicinal and poisonous plants (including pharmacology, tissue culture, animal studies, plant composition, allergens, and toxins)
For USC users only. Requires USC network connection. Allows limited number of simultaneous connections.