The database consists of detailed information and deadlines about calls for papers for forthcoming conferences and special issues of scholarly journals. These calls for papers are issued by professional bodies, journal editors and other conference organizers in all disciplines and from all over the world. Thus, the database serves as an alerting service for researchers, scholars and students that are seeking opportunities to present and publish their research.
Approximately 10,000 conferences are listed each year along with 1,200-1,500 special issues. These are fully searchable by name, acronym, organizer, location, publisher, topic and other fields. Important dates such as Last Day for Submission of Abstracts or Manuscripts are clearly labeled and are provided well in advance of the event or proposed publication date. A personal alert can be set-up based on any number of keywords and parameters that generates an email notification of newly-announced conferences and publications of interest; new content is added three times per month.
Subject Coverage All calls for papers have been classified by specific disciplines within the following broad areas of specialization:
- Arts, architecture, music, and sports
- Biotechnology and genetic engineering
- Computers and information technology
- Engineering and technology
- Generalities, library science, and journalism
- Geography and history
- Human biology, medicine, and health sciences
- Literature and languages
- Management and related areas
- Mathematical sciences and astronomy
- Natural sciences
- Philosophy, religion and mythology
- Psychology and other related fields
- Social sciences
For USC users only. Requires USC network connection.