The Third Revised Edition of The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide provides a comprehensive home reference that emphasizes disease prevention and the patient\'s role in maintaining good health. Alternative therapies as well as conventional medical and surgical treatments are discussed.
This book is divided into six major parts, each one devoted to a particular facet of medicine and health.
- Part 1 is a guide to our health care system and how to use it
- Part 2 addresses new approaches to wellness
- Part 3 gives an overview of symptoms and the diagnostic process
- Part 4 deals with first aid and safety
- Part 5 deals with the treatment and prevention of hundreds of diseases
- Part 6 concentrates on drugs and their use
Related titles: Variant Title: Complete home medical guidePermalink